Just recently I was asked to interview Marcus Anderson, a brilliant young sax player that works with Prince and Sheila E and has performed at The Whitehouse for President Obama. Marcus kindly agreed to improvise with me which was a great privilege. It seems that word has already traveled back to Minneapolis and Paisley Park about the interview …
In the interview with Marcus discuss a wide range of topics with direct relevance to innovation in enterprises such as:
- Balancing intuition and technique in order to create
- Achieving what Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi calls the state of ‘flow’, in order to discover new territories and achieve mastery
- Helping others reach flow states such that the whole enterprise can excel
- And in pure performance management terms, working with and learning from giants – how to collaborate with precocious talents
We explore these concepts in greater detail in the new book “Leading Innovation, Creativity and Enterprise” for Bloomsbury. Click the link below to access this amazing video interview:
image credit: Beatrice Murch
Wait! Before you go.
Choose how you want the latest innovation content delivered to you:
- Daily — RSS Feed — Email — Twitter — Facebook — Linkedin Today
- Weekly — Email Newsletter — Free Magazine — Linkedin Group
Peter Cook is a business academic, author, consultant and musician. He leads Human Dynamics and The Academy of Rock, and provides Keynote speaking, Organisational Development and Business Coaching. You can follow him on twitter @Academyofrock. Peter is Rock ‘n’ Roll Innovation Editor at Innovation Excellence.