The Innovation Engine is a podcast series that discusses innovation through the lenses of corporate leadership, company culture, and emerging trends and technologies. The podcast features weekly interviews with best-selling authors, C-Level executives, and innovation experts from around the world. It is available on iTunes, Stitcher Radio, and SoundCloud.
Leigh George joins us on this episode of The Innovation Engine to discuss the intersection of innovation and marketing. We talk about why marketing touches more areas of a business than ever before, why looks matter when it comes to marketing, and why you should reverse the engineering of your company’s social media strategy and how to go about doing so.
Leigh George is the founder and CEO of Freedom, a boutique consulting company that helps organizations that feel stuck clear the way for innovation. She was previously the Director of Marketing and Communications at URAC, the VP of Social at Ogilvy, and the Director of Strategy at R2Integrated. She holds a PhD in Branding History and Theory, which she earned from Binghamton University.
Here are a few highlights from this week’s episode of the podcast:
- We talk about some statistics in a 2012 Hubspot article about the importance of visuals in marketing, including that 90% of the information processed by the brain is visual and we process images 60,000 times faster than text
- The role that emotion plays in the decision-making process and why emotions are more powerful drivers of actions than rational thought
- In our conversation about social media, we discuss some of the recent changes at the C-level inside Twitter and what Dr. George thinks it means for the company as a whole
Listen to the Episode
Interested in hearing more? Tune in to the full episode of “The Innovation Engine” podcast via the Stitcher Radio link below:
You can also download and subscribe to The Innovation Engine on iTunes or tune in via the podcast’s home on Stitcher Radio or SoundCloud to listen online, via Android or iOS, or on any device supporting a mobile browser.
image credit: Thomas Hawk
- Daily — RSS Feed — Email — Twitter — Facebook — Linkedin Today
- Weekly — Email Newsletter — Free Magazine — Linkedin Group
Will Sherlin is the Digital Marketing Manager at 3Pillar Global, a leading provider of outsourced software development services for companies in the Media & Entertainment, Health & Wellness, Financial Services, and Information Services verticals. He oversees all content development for the 3Pillar website, hosts and produces the company’s weekly “Innovation Engine” podcast, and oversees the company’s social media properties.