What does an open innovation playground for business look like? RELEVENTS, a company that is disrupting what events look like, is creating one in Sacramento, California on September 17 with a group of global curators. Innovate @ TBD FEST is designed to be a radiant social-by- design learning environment for anyone interested working on real challenges and accelerating their own projects and capabilities in a festival setting. Sacramento, a city on the rise, will open its most creative venues to set the condition for innovation and allow you to experience the local flavor of the city.
The big idea behind Innovate @TBD Fest is to turn a traditional conference on it head. Instead of focusing on content — delivered through PowerPoint presentations, Innovate @TBD Fest is a collective experience that focuses on in-the-moment experimentation on YOUR ideas and work — bringing together expert educators and their world-renowned curriculums to teach new creativity and innovation practices and processes that can be instantly applied.
Those experts include people from Sacramento and all over the world. Imagine being able to put your own agenda together and work with people like:
- Christer Windeløv-Lidzélius – who designs a custom Creative Leadership Kaos Pilot curriculum for INNOVATE participants
- Socially conscious investor Ari Eisenstat – who launches a Sacramento Accelerator – ideation meets hackathon, including the Pitchfest with on the spot funding
- Peter Vander Auera, from SWIFT, who launches the first ever LIVE REBEL JAM that brings to life the winning stories from corporate rebels from around the globe
- Max Lugavere, filmmaker and documentarian translates what it means to eat for better brain health – complete with a road trip to urban farm
- Vince Voron, Executive Creative Director at Dolby, takes you behind what Redesigning the Cinema Experience looks like
- Elizabeth Isele and Jeanne Sullivan of eProvStudio, share the power of the Experienced Economy and debut a screening of The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
- Manoj Fenelon, director of foresight at PepsiCo (and first mover fellow at Aspen Institute) reimagines the future with you
- Peter Koen brings together practices from more than 350 companies on Innovation at the Front End
- Arlene Semen of One Heart World-Wide on creating thriving communities that can take ownership of programs
- Michael Foster, innovation author and director at Paypal on the Ideators Dilemma
- Dustin Garis, chief troublemaker (formerly global innovation and marketing CMO P&G) on fueling human innovation revolution on global megabrands and entrepreneurial startups
- Sheila Babnis, former global head of strategic innovation at Roche imagines with you consumers role in the Future of Health when they start with an “I Pick Me” mindset
- Jim McGrann, incoming CEO of VSP on the future of Contextual Health where we claim our own data
- Craig Hatkoff co-founder of Tribeca Film Festival and Disruptor Foundation on disrupting change
- James Stikeleather, chief innovation officer of Dell, on the future of cybersecurity
- Dennis Erokan, the found of BAM and the Bammies, the Bay Area Music’s first indelible R&R platform
- Cameron Sinclair, founder of Architecture for Humanity and a global leader in purpose driven design and how you can engage in a global movement
The open innovation campus spreads across Sacramento’s downtown over four days, inviting small groups to collaborate, solve problems and explore innovative solutions in the arenas of Healthcare, Insights and Intelligence, Economic Development, Education in Cities, FinTech and other societally critical domains.
Experimentation meets Music Festival Innovate will co-locate with the TBD Music, Arts and Culture Fest in Sacramento, California— widely recognized as one of the most exciting, and well-curated independent music, art and culture festivals in the country.
The Innovation Excellence is community is invited to participate at a 25% off pricing by using the festival code VIPIX15.
Wait! Before you go…
Choose how you want the latest innovation content delivered to you:
- Daily — RSS Feed — Email — Twitter — Facebook — Linkedin Today
- Weekly — Email Newsletter — Free Magazine — Linkedin Group
Julie Anixter is the executive editor and co-founder of Innovation Excellence. She also serves as the Chief Learning Officer for RELEVENTS and Executive in Residence for the Disruptor Foundation. The co-author of three books, she’s working on a fourth on the next innovators. She worked with Tom Peters for 5 years on bringing big ideas to big audiences. Now she works with the Healthcare, Education, Manufacturing, the Military and other high test innovation cultures that make a difference. You can follow her @julieanixter.