The Innovation Engine is a podcast series that discusses innovation through the lenses of corporate leadership, company culture, and emerging trends and technologies. The podcast features weekly interviews with best-selling authors, C-Level executives, and innovation experts from around the world. It is available on iTunes, Stitcher Radio, and SoundCloud.
Dr. Max McKeown joins us on this episode of The Innovation Engine podcast to look at how to craft your company’s innovation strategy. We talk about why strategy and planning are decidedly not the same thing, how the future impacts strategy and vice versa, and why you have to be comfortable incorporating change into your innovation strategy.
Dr. Max McKeown is an award-winning writer whose books include The Strategy Book and The Innovation Book. He works with some of the world’s most successful global brands, where he helps leaders across sectors to develop innovative, cultures, products, and services.
Here are some highlights from this week’s episode:
- Dr. McKeown defines what he means by “strategy” and gives his 4 key questions to help anyone get a handle on their overarching strategy
- We discuss different companies that have found strategic success by creating new markets, and how to go about creating an entirely new market for a product
- Dr. McKeown shares his tips and guidelines for managing the strategic process
- Dr. McKeown recommends a book that greatly influencing his own writing
Listen to the Episode
Interested in hearing more? Tune in to the full episode of “The Innovation Engine” podcast via the Libsyn link below:
How to Craft Your Innovation Strategy, with Dr. Max McKeown
You can also download and subscribe to The Innovation Engine on iTunes or tune in via the podcast’s home on Stitcher Radio or SoundCloud to listen online, via Android or iOS, or on any device supporting a mobile browser.
image credit: Anil Jadhav
- Daily — RSS Feed — Email — Twitter — Facebook — Linkedin Today
- Weekly — Email Newsletter — Free Magazine — Linkedin Group
Will Sherlin is the Digital Marketing Manager at 3Pillar Global, a leading provider of outsourced software development services for companies in the Media & Entertainment, Health & Wellness, Financial Services, and Information Services verticals. He oversees all content development for the 3Pillar website, hosts and produces the company’s weekly “Innovation Engine” podcast, and oversees the company’s social media properties.