ATTENTION web designers of the world.
The Innovation Excellence community needs your help and we’ve got a prize up for grabs.
Most of the disruptive, square peg in a round hole innovators that visit this site start at the bottom of the site, not the top – beginning their visit on an article page and then exploring the site from there.
This behavior of course does not surprise us, but we do think that the design of our article pages could be much better to help bottom-up visitors discover more of the great content on the site (3,800+ articles and counting).
So, rather than paying a single designer to fix this problem or using someone else’s community to gather input and pick a winner (with the winner getting a little cash and no exposure for their business), we thought we would run our own design challenge to bring much more attention to the best entering web designers. So here goes:
- The Top 10 Entries (by judging) will receive priceless visibility (including linked company name) in a Top 10 Entries article with the winning entry receiving a profile of their business in the article (with multiple links) to a community of 100,000+ monthly visitors
- Winning Entry will receive a $250 cash prize
- Winning Entry will also receive a 20-pack of article banners on Innovation Excellence ($400 value)
- Winning Entry will get a signed copy of the popular book Stoking Your Innovation Bonfire by Braden Kelley
We are Looking for Web Designers all around the world to take a look at our article pages, like this one:
And provide your design input for how you would change our article page design (in WordPress) to help visitors:
- Discover more content and spend more productive time on the site
- Productively visit more pages per visit
The key word you’ll notice in both is productive – we don’t want people spending more time finding their way or clicking through unnecessary pages – we want people to spend more time on the site reading great content and engaging with the community and visiting more pages because they see another article they want to read or another question or comment they want to make.
To have your response judged please make sure you submit:
- A visualization of your design in a PowerPoint or PDF or PNG format
- The code to make any widgets,etc. recommended in your design work
- Anything else not listed required to make your design work
Please EMAIL your entries to designcontest AT innovationexcellence DOT com
We look forward to seeing your submissions and featuring the winners (and the rest of the Top 10)!
PARTICULARS: For a prize to be awarded we must receive at least ten entries by midnight GMT on January 27, 2011 (the deadline for entries). Assuming we get at least ten entries (which we should) then the top ten entries and the winner will be announced no later than midnight GMT on January 31, 2011.