Maybe it has been a tough week. Maybe it has been a tough you don’t even remember how long. This weekend, give yourself a break, and remember these things:
- Life is precious. Things are just things.
- You get to decide about how much stuff you allow to bother you. It’s a lot easier on you if you choose less stuff.
- When praying for what you want, include a prayer you’ll be able to recognize it when it’s given to you.
- When you decide to leave something behind, leave it behind. Don’t torture yourself thinking about it.
- Your supporters will tell you once and move on. Your critics will keep talking until you agree.
- Beating the competition wins the game. Beating yourself up makes beating the competition all that much harder.
- If need be, redefine the denominator by which you judge your performance & success.
- Take the talents you have & apply them in every way you can think of.
If you’ve gotten this far, that’s fantastic, and I hope you feel better about things. If the feeling wanes during the day (or the weekend), come back and re-read these and re-commit to giving yourself a break again. Or you can also click on the drawing in this post to go to “Draw a Stickman” for a few minutes of fun and a great message!Have a great weekend! – Mike Brown
Mike Brown is an award-winning innovator in strategy, communications, and experience marketing. He authors the BrainzoomingTM blog, and serves as the company’s chief Catalyst. He wrote the ebook “Taking the NO Out of InNOvation” and is a frequent keynote presenter.