- Using just dirt, rocks, and sticks, you can bring to life a product that makes life better for society.
- Using just your mind, you can radically simplify the factory by changing the product itself.
- Using your analytical skills, you can increase product function in ways that reinvent your industry.
- Using your knowledge of physics, you can solve a longstanding manufacturing problem by making a product insensitive to variation.
- Using your knowledge of Design for Manufacturing and Assembly, you can reduce product cost by 50%.
- Using your knowledge of materials, you can eliminate a fundamental factory bottleneck by changing what the product is made from.
- Using your curiosity and creativity, you can invent and commercialize a product that creates a new industry.
- Using your superpowers, you think you can fix a country’s economy one company at a time.
image credit: superhero suit image from bigstock
Dr. Mike Shipulski brings together the best of Design for Manufacturing and Assembly, Axiomatic Design, TRIZ, and lean to develop innovative products and technologies. His blog can be found at Shipulski On Design.